Monday, May 30, 2011

How do I get myself into these things?

Encountered a software problem while signing up for a local race; couldn't get it to work, so I called the race organizer. She figured out the problem, got me in, and then dropped off last year's race visor for my trouble. Cool.

Then she asks if I knew anyone who would want to pace an upcoming race? Basically, run 11 minute miles for a half marathon.

Sure, I'll do it.

BTW, she says, it's a women-only race.

Not a problem. 6 guys and 700 women, that's my kind of odds.

BTW, she says, we want you to dress up. As in sparkly skirts.

Pause.

What the heck.


It looks a lot warmer out there than it really was.

And a Los Angeles woman in my running group took one look and proclaimed me "Laker Girl." I suppose I've been called worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment