Sunday, September 4, 2011

How not to recover...

All races for the year are finally done.

I'm pretty burned out, physically and mentally, in need of a break. Next year's goal is the 29 April Eugene Marathon in 3:26, which will be good enough to qualify for Boston.

So my plan was to:
  • Take the month of September easy so the body can recover,
  • Build run mileage in Oct-Dec while taking core/plyo classes like last year
  • Begin hardcore run training in January

With Hood to Coast done, and a slight calf strain to boot, it's time to slowly rebuild.

A friend told me there are only two things that are never bad for you, yogurt and swimming. Except somehow I thought he said yoga.

It's easy stretching, right?

Sure. Except when the class is called "Power Yoga."

It's been a year since I've been on the mat. After yesterday, just call me Shaky. Could barely hold most poses; balance seemed fine, but the muscles just weren't there. And today, the glutes were questioning my sanity. Very, very sore.

Anything with the word "Power" in the description really isn't a good recovery exercise.

Dumb. Just dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment