Sunday, October 28, 2012

Cyclocross 2012

For those who don't know, Cyclocross is basically off-road road biking. Usually with lots of mud if weather permits. And obstacles.

Since it's near Halloween, costumes were also in order...

Mario and Luigi
Rare to see tandems in XC, but these guys were into it.


A well-respected member of the community...

Back at the Naval Academy, our government issued swimsuits were basically dark blue speedos; we called them Grape Smugglers. Take heed, Molly.

Some yummy treats...



A view from above...

 
Zoe and her good friend Zoe
 
Climbing the stairs
 
Anaerobic Hell...
 
Those are actual coffins to leap...
 
 
Warning: the next pictures are quite disturbing. 
 


 
 

That's one person, not two. I don't know why, but I think I'm having bizarre dreams tonite.

Oh, then there is this...



 
 
That is an actual candy bikini this 'guy' is wearing. As in 'candy necklace.' And the rider on the left is having a snack. This is wrong on so many levels...

Once I recovered and lathered myself in sanitizer, I took Zoe on yet another Ferris Wheel ride and saw this.  
 


 
 So I tried it.
 
 
I actually learned in 6th grade. Just like riding a bicycle; you never forget how.
 
Zoe wanted to wrap up with a boxing match. How do I take her seriously?
 


Good question.

No comments:

Post a Comment