Saturday, June 26, 2021

Olympic Trials Day 6


Moving toward the homestretch now…



Moving day at the dorm? At the Olympic Trials, you never know when you’ll need a spare tire on the third floor.

But who am I to talk? 


The organizers had an over-supply of swag, so they gave us more. Happy (swag whore) boy!


I missed a perfectly good Allyson Felix photo op; she crossed the street right in front of me, and I didn’t realize it until she was gone. Dammit!

Gotta up my hair game, too. I just can’t compete…




Someone needs to shut down the Peanut Gallery. I’m a brave, brave man…

 

A protest, late in the day. Pay your hundred bucks and take your chances. For an Olympic berth? Absolutely. 

Recognition ceremony for UO coach and 1964 Olympic Bronze Medalist Bill Dellinger. Somebody evidently released of whole lot of onion powder in the stadium just then. 



Gratuitous theft of someone else’s work: my guy Ron, he of the math degree, shipboard Chief Engineer credentials, and Olympic Trials podium finish, is possible a better wordsmith than even me. Yesterday, most of the young horses he knows are not able to advance. Here’s what Ron wrote:

‘Semi Finals cut your participants in half. It’s a cruel process to determine who gets on the podium. The finals…worse. Many are cold, few are frozen. Many are good, few are chosen. Only three get on the stand. The elation and anguish. Only here in Eugene, Oregon.’

That is some serious fire and brimstone poetry. Well done, sir. 

Hometown star Jenna Prandini destroys her 200m semi. She’s going to be jacked up for the final. 

When you connect with classmates 34 years later and 3000 miles away….Chris and Duncan took me out to dinner

Waffle fries with pulled pork at Oak Shire! I added some excellent ramen. 



Sigh. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment