Wednesday, July 20, 2022

World Championships Day 6: No sighting of Cuff, Link, or Butkus, but a good day regardless

If you didn’t see this article on 100m champion Fred Kerley, I’ll post it again. 

You never know what someone else is going through. What a story. 

A quick trip east to make pad thai for Zoe. 


On the drive back through La Pine’s International District, I notice they celebrate a native son done well. 

La Pine, Oregon: Population 2,512

Speaking of a country drive….this one’s for college classmate Jack…and if i can figure out how to link the Blues Brothers to this event, I sure will. 


Back in Eugene: the dining hall has (wait for it): lemon herb chicken and overcooked tuna steaks. That’s like the 9th day in a row. So it’s off to Market of Choice. And I see this madness…

Oh HELLLLLLL yes!!! With apologies to Nick Foles, that’s a Philly special if I’ve ever seen one!

We’re pushing big mercury now (who isn’t), and I’ll be in direct sunlight shortly, so…

Not sure what use the nail clippers will be out there, but you can never be too careful. 

I was right: it was HOT outside, especially when we’re stuck in an unprotected location. I found the only 5 square feet of shade, and I morphed into its footprint like the liquid cop in Terminator 2. 


A bunch of prelims, semi-finals, and the women’s steeple final that turned into a 7.5 lap drag race. 

Men’s 200 tomorrow. Here’s hoping the youngster spanks the elders but good. That would be in both races: Abby for the women, Erriyon for the guys. 

And yet another 0530 conference call for me. 

Sigh. 

Day 5: Errant Photographers, and a kid who finally listened to Dad

Day 4: Don’t you hate it when your clothes don’t fit (and errant photographers)

Day 3: Marathons, Dance Cams, and not enough caffeine

Day 2: Celebrity Day at the Track

Day 1: Preview





No comments:

Post a Comment