Monday, September 10, 2018

Kimpton Hotel Wilshire, Los Angeles

During a recent trip to Los Angeles, I had the opportunity to stay at the Kimpton Hotel Wilshire, part of a boutique chain throughout the country. 

And I was not disappointed. 

I like to hit the ground running; that meant a 0545 flight from Central Oregon.

More coffee, please!

Arriving at the hotel around 10am, my only hope is that I can leave my bags there while I go explore a bit, maybe find an early lunch. After all, who allows a six hour early check-in without notice? 

I'm finding out that it never hurts to ask...

Me: "By chance, are any rooms available at the present time? I know it's very early."

Desk Agent Jesse: "As a matter of fact, we can get you in now. But it's an upgrade."

Deal. 



And room for dinner with eight of my closest friends? Yes, please!


The view from my window: there's a Hollywood Sign out there!



A few short blocks away...


Rooftop pool and dining. Seriously?



Superb detail in the finishes...


Less than a mile to the Farmer's Market and The Grove. And even closer to excellent dining on 3rd Street.

Amazing visit. Amazing hotel.

Thank you, Kimpton!!

No comments:

Post a Comment