Saturday, July 8, 2023

US Nationals Day 2

Day 1

The day started off well. 

My awesome darling artist daughter (you know, the one I NEVER talk about) is now fully moved into my house for the summer. I gave her full run of my other two bedrooms….for the first week, that floorspace was a disaster; personal stuff, clothes, art supplies, big easel, etc….pretty much a trail of destruction akin to a Midwest tornado. 

I’ve been gone 3 days…She sent me this picture yesterday. 


Sigh. 

I mentioned the new dining hall…nice atmosphere. 

For my old friend Molly, with whom I provided many volunteer days…

There’s a first time for everything! This was two rows of fully isolated stalls with a common hand-washing station. 

My luxury berthing…


The memories…during the 2021 Trials (and COVID), we had to be tested every two days, so we’d go here for the fun and games. 

$15 for a branded lanyard? The swag tent was a little ridiculous.

This guy is also a little ridiculous…


Ms Brooks wins silver in the heptathlon…and gold for best hair!


Drug testing? Extra spectator seats? 

HS Junior Mia from the Portland suburbs squeezes into the 100m finals and runs well, albeit with a lousy start. If she figures that part out before next year, she’s on the Olympic Team.

Showboat Sha’Carri makes a spectacle (and an ass) out of herself by removing her wig at the starting line when all cameras are on her. I wish she’d put that energy into beating the Jamaicans. In the second half of the race, she wheels and deals her way to another title. Fortunately, I was able to leave the track before listening to her latest interview. 

Unknown Charlotte native Cravont pulls the upset of the meet by beating several Olympians for the men’s title. He showed some great power over the final yards….oh, and he didn’t have a sponsor, though i think that issue will soon be rectified. 

Prelims are done. The weekend will have much in the way of fireworks!

Stay tuned. 



No comments:

Post a Comment